Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 23, 2019, 12:18:50 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Celtic Woman  |  Celtic Woman (Moderator: Glen)  |  Topic: New TV Special and Album?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New TV Special and Album?  (Read 5795 times)
Hollie

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2015, 05:09:26 AM »

I was reading an interview with Susan about their upcoming Australian Tour and she states that in their time off they're squeezing in a TV special and a new recording!  Hopefully we can get an album with Mairead (and hopefully Lynn) singing new songs on it  ;D

http://www.maitlandmercury.com.au/story/3246032/celtic-woman-celebrates-10-years/

Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 02:59:13 PM »

I hope this is correct. No one enjoyed the past two "Greatest Hits" tours more than me, but it's time for something new.

And it's WAY overdue to have our Mairead on a CW recording.

Fingers crossed.  8)

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 07:26:47 PM »

Thanks Hollie will be nice to get a new DVD and Have Mairead on it
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 12:42:03 PM »

Here is the official announcement from Celtic Woman Tour's Facebook page:

"We are Delighted to announce we are recording our latest special in the Round Room at the Mansion House in Dublin, Ireland. This historic site has remained the residence of the Lord Mayor of Dublin since 1715 and is where the first Dail assembled in 1919 to proclaim the Irish Declaration of Independence.

Recording will commence on Thursday the 13th of August and we would like to take this opportunity to invite some of our fans to join us on this very special occasion. If you are available to be in the audience on Thursday the 13th please contact us on info@celticwoman.com"

There is an historic photo of the Round Room here:
http://tinyurl.com/nro9ejd

Someone asked in the comments underneath the photo who the performers would be, and CW Tour replied:
"We will announce the Full Line up for the special by the end of the week."

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2015, 11:30:13 AM »

Here is the official announcement from Celtic Woman Tour's Facebook page:

"We are Delighted to announce we are recording our latest special in the Round Room at the Mansion House in Dublin, Ireland. This historic site has remained the residence of the Lord Mayor of Dublin since 1715 and is where the first Dail assembled in 1919 to proclaim the Irish Declaration of Independence.

Recording will commence on Thursday the 13th of August and we would like to take this opportunity to invite some of our fans to join us on this very special occasion. If you are available to be in the audience on Thursday the 13th please contact us on info@celticwoman.com"

There is an historic photo of the Round Room here:
http://tinyurl.com/nro9ejd

Someone asked in the comments underneath the photo who the performers would be, and CW Tour replied:
"We will announce the Full Line up for the special by the end of the week."

Rumors have it that the new Gal is Rebecca Winckworth  she has a solo cd out and traveled last year with Celtic Nights Nice Lady but Celtic Woman has been doing everything they can to stifle anything that has to do with her being the new Gal so will see what they have to say
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2015, 11:43:37 AM »

Rumors have it that the new Gal is Rebecca Winckworth  she has a solo cd out and traveled last year with Celtic Nights Nice Lady but Celtic Woman has been doing everything they can to stifle anything that has to do with her being the new Gal so will see what they have to say

For any of our members who aren't familiar with Rebecca, here she is performing with Lynn Hilary in an adorable number called An Maidrin Rua (The Little Red Fox) from the show "Roots of Ireland" in 2012:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1PrHgYs3Kk

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2015, 01:53:13 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaIgdd_Are8

Here is another one of her with Lynn and one other when they were called Bluebelle's this dates back to 2011
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2015, 05:51:44 PM »

Thanks guys!  I had seen this footage but hadn't made particular note of Rebecca.  From these, I believe she would be a fine addition to this production and whatever continuing capacity she is asked to contribute! 

Will any of our members here be attending the Aug. 13 filming?   :)
Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2015, 07:22:27 PM »

I wish I was attending.  If they would have given more warning I would have went.  My great aunt lives 15 minutes from the venue...

javelin343

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2015, 03:39:14 AM »

I've been following Rebecca for some time now. I've only found 2 EP's from her thus far; both are definitely worth buying. It would be great if she became a CW member.
Chris
Everyone Is Irish At Heart!
Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2015, 05:31:42 AM »

After doing some research I don't think Rebecca will be doing anything with CW until around October IF she's going to do anything at all.  From her twitter, she says that she's doing a few gigs at the moment and in September she's touring with Emmet Cahill.

https://twitter.com/RWinckworth
http://www.westmeathexaminer.ie/news/roundup/articles/2015/08/06/4039426-on-the-road-with-emmet-cahill/

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2015, 10:21:17 AM »

Now it sounds like our Lil Lambe is going to be part of it by her Twitter feed

Lisa Lambe ‏@LambeLisa  ? 3h3 hours ago 
?@DavidADownes:Next week it begins. Something new,something old,something borrowed,something green...And I'm thrilled to be part of it

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 10:29:28 AM »

Now it sounds like our Lil Lambe is going to be part of it by her Twitter feed

Lisa Lambe ‏@LambeLisa  ? 3h3 hours ago 
?@DavidADownes:Next week it begins. Something new,something old,something borrowed,something green...And I'm thrilled to be part of it

That's for David's other project 'The Bloody Irish'.  He states it in a hashtag response to Lisa.  I'm guessing it will be either Lynn or Meav.  Personally hoping to see Lynn as I think her and Mairead singing together is something entirely beautiful that should be in a class of it's own.

Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2015, 05:01:25 PM »

A fan asked Mairead on Instagram what the lineup would be. I give her a lot of credit for posting an answer. It must be frustrating to get asked all the time when you can't say anything, but I thought her answer was kind and most of all, honest: I can't tell you. :) 

maireadcarlinsings Hi there! Management are very busy at the moment organizing such a special event-as you can imagine it's full steam ahead here getting prepared. It's not that they just haven't bothered . I can't tell you as it's not my place but the announcement will be very soon- and believe me. It's a good one! x

It is kind of hard to wait after they said it would be announced by the end of the week, but Mairead said it will be good, so that's good enough for me.  8)

javelin343

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2015, 09:34:12 PM »

I hereby cast my vote for Orla, Meav and Alex, in that order, but only because I've never seen Orla or Meav.
Chris
Everyone Is Irish At Heart!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Celtic Woman  |  Celtic Woman (Moderator: Glen)  |  Topic: New TV Special and Album? « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Mairead Carlin Forum, New TV Special and Album? - Theme by GlenS