Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 23, 2019, 12:17:34 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Members Helping Members (Moderator: Hollie)  |  Topic: What Makes You Happy
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Makes You Happy  (Read 10925 times)
Hollie

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2015, 11:08:20 PM »

I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we can list down all the little things that happen during the day that make us feel happy.  Looking at the positive things instead of the negative can make you really appreciate the small things that life holds.

I'm aiming to try and list at least three things a day, maybe even more.  Please, feel free to add in your little happies too  :)

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 11:08:35 PM »

My little happies for today:

1. I walked out side my house and it wasn't raining for the first time in three days and the wind softly blowing felt amazing.
2. I started to work again on my short story I'm writing for Camp NaNoWriMo.
3. I found the perfect place to hang a canvas artwork I bought.
4. I got to talk to my little sister and she's coming over for lunch tomorrow.
5. I bought a bath bomb as a little treat to myself for later on tonight.
6. I also bought new shampoo and conditioner which smells amazing and isn't tested on animals.

Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 10:15:41 PM »

I think that's a really great philosophy, Hollie.  :)  Thanks for the reminder.

But I have to ask: what is a "bath bomb"?   ???

My happy thing was that I wished Mairead N a happy birthday on Twitter, and she "favorited" it. A little smile after an otherwise rough day.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner.
Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2015, 07:09:02 AM »

A 'bath bomb' is a scented ball of something that's apparently good for your skin you put into a bath.  It looks like this:

That's a sweet happy thing too.  Mairead N gave a lot of fans a little smile yesterday.

My little happies for today are:
1. Getting to sleep in on a Sunday.
2. Having my friend agree to go to the gym with me tomorrow.
3. Getting to curl up of the lounge with a warm blanket and watch some television (something I rarely get to do).

Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2015, 01:00:34 PM »

8)  Thanks, I have never seen one of those before. You learn something new every day.  ;D

Yeah, our favorite fairy fiddler is great about responding on social media - as is our other Mair?ad.  :)

My happy things are that we're having our 2nd day in a row of not a cloud in the sky  :o  and I'm playing tennis later today.

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2015, 03:03:27 AM »

I think your clouds have travelled to Sydney.  It's been pouring all day and we have a hail storm predicted for tomorrow.  I don't think I'll be seeing a clear sky until Friday at the earliest  ::)

My little happies for today are:
1. I went to lunch with a good friend who I hadn't seen for a few months.
2. I stopped by my old college and had a good talk/banter with my ex-tutor.
3. That others are posting their happy moments here.

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2015, 06:04:04 AM »

Day 4 of my little happies:

1. I got my full hour lunch break at work.
2. I got to leave work an hour and a half early as our last five patients cancelled due to the rain.
3. It stopped raining on my walk to the train station.
4. I made a thingy for Lynn's birthday I really like  ;D

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2015, 06:04:02 AM »

Day 5 of my little happies:

1. I still have easter chocolate left that I forgot about and can now enjoy.
2. It stopped raining long enough during my lunch break so I could go get lunch without getting drowned.
3. Mairead favourited the banner I made for Lynn's birthday on twitter.

What are everyone else's little happy moments?

Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2015, 05:20:14 PM »

Well, 4.22 is always kind of a rough day for me. (It's the anniversary of my Mom's passing.) But today, when I went to put fresh flowers on the gravesite, I played Alex's "Be Still My Soul" CD in the car on the way. I found it very comforting, so I tweeted that to Alex, and she replied. She's such a kind lady. Made today so much happier than it would have been. I'm so looking forward to finally seeing her perform in person. And that's a really happy thing.  :)

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2015, 10:29:35 AM »

Those types of days are usually the hardest.  Alex is such a sweetheart.

My little happies for the day are:
1. I converted one of the dentists I work with into liking Celtic Woman, I walked into work this morning and his first question was "can you put the Celtic Woman playlist on?".  He loves Lisa Kelly singing Forever Young and Chloe singing When You Believe.
2. I went to the cinema and got to watch Avengers 2: Age of Ultron.  It's an amazing movie.  (No end scene after the credits.)
3. I'm finally home at 1:30am and can go to bed which has been calling my name for the last three hours. 

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2015, 08:31:21 AM »

My little happy moment for today is that after 4.5 hours of travelling by bus and train, I finally made it to my aunts house where I get to spend the weekend with my family  ;D

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 09:44:25 AM »

Well Hollie you have a great weekend with family. Im thinking that the weekend has already started over there due to time diff. so enjoy.

My Little happy for the day is I woke up for another day. That in it's self is a blessing
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 10:52:47 AM by GlenS » Logged
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2015, 04:44:17 PM »

Those types of days are usually the hardest.  Alex is such a sweetheart.

Thanks, Hollie. You always seem to be able to find just the right .gif for the occasion.   :)

So glad you are able to spend time with your family, and that you have been able to convert some folks to CW fans. I have a handful of friends who enjoy their music, but no one is even close to being as CWazy as I am. No one who will go to concerts with me, anyway, so I almost always wind up going alone.

My happy thing for today is just being thankful for many blessings. I seem to have so many friends who are going through really difficult trials lately. Makes my complaints seem kind of small by comparison. Thankful for health and having a job so I can go and see our lovely ladies from time to time and soothe the soul.  :)

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2015, 07:45:22 AM »

That's a great little happy Glen.  Always a blessing :) (And I think I'm 15 hours ahead of you give or take an hour.)

Rob - none of my non-work friends like Celtic Woman.  I've been trying to convert them but it's not working.  So far, I'm going to see them by myself in September. 

My little happies for day are:
1. Going for a drive with my cousin and getting to see beautiful scenery.
2. Going for a walk along the beach with my family.
3. My aunts amazing cooking.  Everything she cooks is delicious.  It's a treat and a half.

Hollie

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2015, 08:14:38 AM »

My little happies for today:

1. Going for a walk with my cousin on the beach headlands.
2. Chocolate and tea tasting after a long day out.
3. Roast sweet potato and onion as part of dinner followed by pavlova.
4. Bedtime facials with the cousin.  We looked like Elphaba from Wicked for a while there  :P

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Other Topics  |  Members Helping Members (Moderator: Hollie)  |  Topic: What Makes You Happy « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Mairead Carlin Forum, What Makes You Happy - Theme by GlenS