Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2019, 02:53:44 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Celtic Woman  |  Celtic Woman (Moderator: Glen)  |  Topic: Celtic Woman X Anniversary Tour Dates Due Tomorrow 8/7
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Celtic Woman X Anniversary Tour Dates Due Tomorrow 8/7  (Read 3854 times)
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« on: August 06, 2014, 10:06:23 PM »

It's the moment we've all been waiting for...

On Twitter earlier this evening, Celtic Woman's Producer Maggie Seidel confirmed that tour dates for 2015 are being released tomorrow. Needless to say, lots of excitement and conversation on the "Twitterverse".

Just hoping for a handful of shows within driving distance. Fingers crossed.  :P

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner.
RetPgmr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2014, 10:46:41 AM »

And Maggie said that CW & PBS are back together and providing front row tickets at 90% of the shows to people who purchase tickets thru PBS.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2014, 05:40:16 PM »

the new tour dates suck it's all east coast south coast or west coast nothing in the center of the USA so no shows for me this next tour but then again that's the way it has been Florida gets 10 shows in 9 cities but Wisconsin Ill, and Minn can't get one show between the 3 states what a rip
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2014, 06:09:40 PM »

There are no shows listed at present for Kentucky,  for the first time ever.  There is room in the listed dates for additional shows to be scheduled, so hopefully we'll get some relief with added shows.

For me at least,  it will be fewer shows with more driving to the ones I can attend.   :-\
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 07:30:56 PM »

there are none close enough for me to go to right now Dayton is the closest one and I cant do that. To far to much money so the way the tour dates are now im screwed :'(
Hubert

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2014, 09:48:39 AM »

Nothing in Minnesota, Missouri, Michigan, Illinois or Wisconsin.  That is truly strange.  I can travel to South Texas via Amtrak and I can drive to Memphis.  So I am better off than a lot of you.
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »

I can't complain either, I guess. They usually come to my hometown every other year, and they didn't last year, so I was hoping for a hometown show for the X Anniversary. Looks like no luck there, or for the next closest city, Buffalo, which also didn't have a show last year. But there is Syracuse again, which is good for me, and it's the first show, which is kind of nice. I just worry about the weather in early March in Syracuse: please Lord, no blizzards. :P

There are also a couple others within reasonable driving distance in March if the weather is decent - but you just never know up here, it does come in like a Lion some years. And I do have friends in ATL, so I will see if I can save my pennies for a flight, because I can stay with them for free.   :)

The thing I am wondering is: they have come out and said that they are coming to Red Rocks this year - but it's not on the schedule yet. I know that they said a handful of additional dates would be released, but since they have been talking about Red Rocks for awhile now, I thought it would appear on the first wave of the schedule.  ???

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2014, 01:39:13 PM »

Ya I looked over the dates and places and there are 20 states right now without a show almost all in the central and north central part of the USA so a lot of people are getting missed this year and one of the bigger shows to the 10 year show such a waste. I think they could take some of the shows away from Florida and Texas and spread them around. Right now a little more then 25% of the shows are in FL or Tx. So as it stands right now I will not be going to any shows this next tour as I can't afford to fly and the closest show to drive to is over a 12 hr drive Ohio or Nebraska and Tennessee from northern Wisconsin
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2014, 06:20:32 PM »

I see they are set to travel from Lincoln NE on June 14 to Dayton, OH on June 18.  It looks like room for several shows between those locations during that time span.  :-\
Hubert

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:13 AM »

On the CW forum someone said that Maggie tweeted that she was trying to add a show in the St. Louis or central Illinois area.  It looks like the best time for that would be the June 14 - 18 period.  They have been to Springfield, Champaign and Peoria in the past.  I might be able to make a show at one of those locations via Amtrak.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 10:58:04 AM by Hubert » Logged
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 08:14:19 PM »

On the CW forum someone said that Maggie tweeted that she was trying to add a show in the St. Louis or central Illinois area.  It looks like the best time for that would be the June 14 - 18 period.  They have been to Springfield, Champaign and Peoria in the past.  I might be able to make a show at one of those locations via Amtrak.

In 2009 we had a "Mairead-fest" gathering in Springfield, IL on the occasion of Mairead Nesbitt's birthday.  I could do to see them there again!

Hubert

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 01:00:41 PM »

If you could make it then I would have incentive to try and be there also.  :)
javelin343

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 07:38:55 PM »

I hope they are still adding shows; CO fans await?
Everyone Is Irish At Heart!
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2014, 01:13:06 PM »

I hope they are still adding shows; CO fans await?

I still think it's odd that Red Rocks was one of the first venues mentioned, before the schedule was even released, and it's still not on the schedule, even after the second round of additions.   ???

GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »

ya and the added dates were all costal states but one in Mich. which is about a 8 hour drive for me. Had thought about taking the Ferry across the lake but when I seen for a car and 2 people it was like $400.00 round trip I knew that was out. There is still 19 states without a show and they are all central and north central states so unless they add more im out of a show for 2015 and both PBS's here in Wisconsin have already told me they are not having CW on during there fund raiser this fall so that means no MG here either
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Celtic Woman  |  Celtic Woman (Moderator: Glen)  |  Topic: Celtic Woman X Anniversary Tour Dates Due Tomorrow 8/7 « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Mairead Carlin Forum, Celtic Woman X Anniversary Tour Dates Due Tomorrow 8/7 - Theme by GlenS