Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
January 21, 2019, 01:50:20 PM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Mairead Carlin  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: Starman)  |  Topic: Colorado Concerts
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Colorado Concerts  (Read 4443 times)
javelin343

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2014, 12:55:40 AM »

My wife and I saw CW on April 20th in Denver and April 22nd in Greeley. We sat 4th row, stage left in Denver and front row, stage right in Greeley. I've seen CW 4 times now and always wanted front row. I was sitting on the aisle seat and, as luck would have it, Mairead came down to the floor, held her hand out to me and danced with me as she and Lynn sang "Teir Abhaile Riu'  for like 10 seconds or so, while Lynn danced with another lucky guy stage right. I'll never forget it. My wife said I looked so dumbfounded. Afterwards, all I could think to do was turn, face the audience and wave. Thanks for the memory, Mairead.
Chris
PS both shows were awesome?Will see them next year when they return to Red Rocks Amphitheater
Everyone Is Irish At Heart!
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2014, 06:00:59 AM »

Wow, that's a memory you'll never forget!  You've joined a very exclusive club in being selected by Mairead as her dance partner for TAR!   8)

She's a jewel, whose fans we are proud to be, aren't we!  ;D
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2014, 08:31:27 AM »

At least you didn't fall flat on your face, or step on her toes, like I would have done.   ;D

I have long dreamed of seeing the ladies at Red Rocks. It's an awfully long and expensive flight for me, but it's definitely on my bucket list. Maybe some day.

Glad you enjoyed the shows.  :)  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner.
javelin343

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 01:31:01 AM »

I grew up in Denver, now live in N. CO. I've been to Red Rocks for concerts many, many times over the years. Mairead Nesbitt mentioned in an interview some time ago it's one of her favorite places to perform. I hope you can make it out once to see. We'd give you a warm Colorado welcome !
Traveling Spaceman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 11:35:16 PM »

I grew up in Denver, now live in N. CO. I've been to Red Rocks for concerts many, many times over the years. Mairead Nesbitt mentioned in an interview some time ago it's one of her favorite places to perform. I hope you can make it out once to see. We'd give you a warm Colorado welcome !

Thanks! Hope I can take you up on that offer some day.   :)

Thank you Chiara for my beautiful banner.
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »

I've always missed the Red Rocks shows, sorry to say, though I watched them live on the webcam a couple of times.  I hope to go, maybe next year!  :)
Hubert

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2014, 01:12:02 PM »

I'm glad you were Maireaded at Red Rocks.  Newbies get Maireaded and Lambenated and I continue to get passed over.  :( I wonder if TAR will remain in the show for 2015 or if they will have another song where the girls come down the aisle and sit in some lucky guy's lap or dance with him?

I have never been to Red Rocks but some of my concert pals who have attended shows coast to coast say it is the best venue ever.
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2014, 05:26:20 PM »

I'm glad you were Maireaded at Red Rocks.  Newbies get Maireaded and Lambenated and I continue to get passed over.  :( I wonder if TAR will remain in the show for 2015 or if they will have another song where the girls come down the aisle and sit in some lucky guy's lap or dance with him?...

Or as Moscapoet says, "Carlinized".   TAR is such a great hit with the audience,  I'd be surprised if they drop it anytime soon.  :-\ :)
javelin343

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 03:01:21 AM »

Hubert
I haven't seen Mairead at Red Rocks yet; I got to dance with her in Greeley, CO at the Union Colony Civic Center. The only Mairead I've seen so far at Red Rocks has been Mairead Nesbitt.  I will rectify that this next year when CW comes to RR, though. The only thing better than 2 Maireads on stage would be if Orla Fallon came back and joined both Maireads! I just found out they will be at Denver this December for a Christmas show. If we go, that will make 3 CW concerts in a year!
Chris
Hubert

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 12:20:37 PM »

I'm glad you were Maireaded at Red Rocks.  Newbies get Maireaded and Lambenated and I continue to get passed over.  :( I wonder if TAR will remain in the show for 2015 or if they will have another song where the girls come down the aisle and sit in some lucky guy's lap or dance with him?...

Or as Moscapoet says, "Carlinized".   TAR is such a great hit with the audience,  I'd be surprised if they drop it anytime soon.  :-\ :)

Yeah, I've used "Carlinized" myself, probably as long as Scott.  I was just in a "Maireaded" mood.  ;D  I hope they continue with TAR and I can keep picking seats in a strategic manner.
Hubert

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 12:25:56 PM »

Hubert
I haven't seen Mairead at Red Rocks yet; I got to dance with her in Greeley, CO at the Union Colony Civic Center. The only Mairead I've seen so far at Red Rocks has been Mairead Nesbitt.  I will rectify that this next year when CW comes to RR, though. The only thing better than 2 Maireads on stage would be if Orla Fallon came back and joined both Maireads! I just found out they will be at Denver this December for a Christmas show. If we go, that will make 3 CW concerts in a year!
Chris

Yes, I was fortunate to see Orla in 2008 and I would love for her to come back.  I hope you get to the Christmas show.
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2014, 05:48:21 PM »

Hubert
Chris

Yes, I was fortunate to see Orla in 2008 and I would love for her to come back.  I hope you get to the Christmas show.

What a treat it would be to see Orla with the Maireads!  I've seen Orla ten times, four times with Celtic Woman and six times solo.  She hasn't toured since 2011 and we really miss her!

javelin343

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2014, 11:34:00 PM »

Very nice. Hers is the most delicate and haunting voice of all the Celtic Women. I wish I had seen her live.  I had the same sentiments about not seeing Lynn live and that came about this year, so who knows?
Chris
Hubert

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 03:23:14 PM »

I fell in love with Orla when I saw her play and sing Carrickfergus on the New Journey Concert at Slane Castle.  Then I was fortunate to see her do it live.  I was crushed when she left the group and crushed again when I found out she was married.

A funny side note:  On the comment section under one of her You Tube videos someone was lamenting that she left CW and said that he missed Orla's deep spooky voice.  I got a chuckle out of that.
Starman

Lovely M?ir?ad Carlin

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 08:21:26 PM »

I fell in love with Orla when I saw her play and sing Carrickfergus on the New Journey Concert at Slane Castle.  Then I was fortunate to see her do it live.  I was crushed when she left the group and crushed again when I found out she was married

Same here,Hubert!  :)
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
Mairead Carlin Forum  |  Mairead Carlin  |  Show Reviews! (Moderator: Starman)  |  Topic: Colorado Concerts « previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Mairead Carlin Forum, Colorado Concerts - Theme by GlenS