Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 19, 2018, 06:38:44 AM

Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  Mairead Carlin Forum
|-+  Other Topics
| |-+  I'm new here! Hello (Moderator: Starman)
| | |-+  Hi, I'm Tracie
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hi, I'm Tracie  (Read 663 times)
Tracie

View Profile
« on: November 28, 2017, 04:06:20 PM »

Hi Everybody, I'm Tracie and I'm a huge Celtic Woman fan in Minnesota! I have to admit, I've been lurking on these forums for awhile now and figured I should sign up and join the conversations. I've found out so much great information about my favorite ladies by reading your posts, thank you! I'd very much like to join the Celtic Woman forum, but I've been waiting over a week for admin approval. Could any of you help.me with that or get the admin's attention for me?

While I wait to join there, I'll introduce myself here. I've been a Celtic Woman fan since I think 2007. I am so in love with the current Celtic Woman lineup and hope they stay together for years to come. Mairead, Eabha and Susan have the most incredible harmony and Tara is so perfect with them. I've watched my dvr recording of Homecoming 3 times already and it's so amazing. Takes me back to Voices of Angels live last summer, which my husband and I went to 3 times. We've also seen them live in the Destiny tour and the 2016 Christmas Symphony tour. We've got tickets for 2 Homecoming shows, one with meet and greet for the first time. So excited for that! I've got 6 months to figure out what to say to them all! Hubby and I met Mairead and Eabha by the bus after one of the VoA shows which was so much fun. They were incredibly sweet and I have my picture with them and their autographs. That was seriously the coolest experience of my life.

I'll stop rambling for now, but I'll have to tell you my Celtic Woman story later of how they touched my life. Bye for now!

Tracie

PS: I think Mairead has the most spectacular voice on the planet 😍
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 04:27:58 PM »

Welcome Tracie glad you joined us I hope you enjoy the forum as for helping you get into the CWF that's going to be a hard one the Admin of that forum has lost interest in the forum and has not been logged in in over 11 months and she is the only one that can ok new members. Your my neighbor im here in central Wisconsin I have been to several shows up there in Minn and a total of 15 shows over the years and most were Meet and Greet shows. I have met all the girls several times. Feel free to join the other 3 girls forums. But please enjoy yourself on the forums and at the bottom of the page is a chat system

GlenS
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2017, 04:43:34 PM »

Well hello there neighbor Glen! I actually grew up in Central WI and my Mom still lives there. Mom and I will be going to the show in Appleton in June. That's really cool that you've met the ladies so many times! Bummer about the Celtic Woman forum. I'll join the other 3 ladies' forums as well and hopefully get approved on the CW one sometime.
GlenS
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2017, 07:23:24 PM »

I also am planning on going to the show in Appleton im waiting on wpt to do there thing with the tickets as I always buy M&G tickets. They will have there ticket for sale this spring same as last year. I live in Iola by Stevens Point. It's nice to see someone new posting Enjoy the forum
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

One CWazy Canadian!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 10:24:51 PM »

Hi Tracie!

I haven't had any luck with stage and greets, myself. For starters, I'm not assertive enough. I'm usually the only one waiting out there which makes it a bit harder to pull off. Whether its the weather, the positioning of the buses, the timing or security, I've not been successful at meeting any of the girls outside of an actual M+G.

Meet and Greets are great for people like me! I finally got to meet Celtic Woman earlier this year. I had been dreaming of that for a long time! I had a few things planned to say to them. I got some of it across, but I'm super-shy in person so it was a bit tricky. There were a few awkward moments where I couldn't get the words out, but the girls were really supportive.

Knowing I would have trouble talking and that there would only be a minute or so to say what you need, I made the girls some cards and wrote in there what they wanted to say.

Stage and Greets / Bus and Greets are great for people that are good at having conversations. I am absurdly bad at socializing in person. You wouldn't even believe it. So a 60 second M+G is perfect for me.

Great to have you joining in the fun here on the forum!
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 09:58:57 PM »

Ooh I really like your idea of writing them cards! I just know I'm going to get nervous! I didn't get to say very much when I met them by the bus, partly because I'm pretty shy and quiet and partly because there were other fans jostling for their attention. I did say how much I loved the show and that it was my favorite concert I've ever seen. My Mom was there too and she told them I've seen them live 5 times. Even though I didn't say much, I thought the whole experience was so cool. And they were just so sweet. My Mom was asking for their autographs (which she gave to me) and Mairead was walking over to sign the program but got pulled away by one of the other fans. After she finished with that person, she made sure to go back over to my Mom. And security was trying to get them on the bus, but they wouldn't leave until everybody had their pictures/autographs/hugs that they wanted. I just thought that was so great of them to make sure to get to everybody.  We just missed meeting Tara, we saw her get on the bus from across the street. The other fans out there had gotten pictures with her. I would've loved to have met her too! But all 4 of them in June at meet and greet!

Edit: I forgot to say the other really sweet part! Since I didn't say a whole lot in person, a couple days later I private messaged them a thank you. I really wasn't expecting a response, I just wanted to let them know how much I enjoyed meeting them and that their music helped me through a rough time. Eabha so kindly responded back to me!  😊
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:37:22 PM by CWfanMN » Logged
Tracie

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 11:32:23 PM »

Tom, thank you for your post on the CW forum letting the admins know there are people waiting to join. I appreciate it and I'm sure others do too!
CWazyTom
Global Moderator

One CWazy Canadian!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 11:42:40 PM »

Tom, thank you for your post on the CW forum letting the admins know there are people waiting to join. I appreciate it and I'm sure others do too!

You're welcome.  :)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Mairead Carlin Forum, Hi, I'm Tracie - Theme by GlenS